Need help centering nav in Prose Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need help centering nav in Prose Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PhaseCreative 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

PhaseCreative
    Participant

I have set up a blog using prose theme and it’s been very easy except for this bit: I can’t seem to target the nav to center it. I’ve firebugged the *bleep* out of this css, and can’t get it to budge.  Any clues most appreciated: http://pixelsnpieces.com

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

PhaseCreative
    Participant

anyone?

Based in Sydney, I design and produce creative websites for small business and enthusiastic bloggers. Follow on twitter

asdweb
    Participant

It was hard to look through the minimized css, so here’s a quick fix:

add this:
    #menu-item-179 {
    margin-left: 60px ;
    }

and adjust the margin to your liking to center the links more.

Amy Susan Design.com @AmySusanDesign

PhaseCreative
    Participant

Thanks asdweb, I was being a bit of a purist about this and really wanted it to be centred, but yeah, I think you’re right, a small hack is in order :-)

marybaum
    Participant

What happens if you make .genesis-nav-menu.menu-secondary less wide than 903px – the same width as the subnav, which IS centered – and put an !important on the margin: 0 auto;? You’ll probably want to make a separate rule for that.

For example, what if .genesis-nav-menu.menu-secondary were 775px wide?

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

PhaseCreative
    Participant

Thanks kind folk, I’ve changed the subnav width to 85% and will come back to it fresh again next week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.