Need Help Changing Size of Sidebar on Magazine theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need Help Changing Size of Sidebar on Magazine theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  buddy_boy8403 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

buddy_boy8403
    Participant

I don’t have the Magazine theme, so I can’t tell you exactly whats in there, but the reason it might behoove you to look there is because there are usually things in there related to default image sizes, such as:

/** Add new image sizes */
    add_image_size( ‘home-bottom’, 110, 110, TRUE );
    add_image_size( ‘home-middle-left’, 280, 165, TRUE );
    add_image_size( ‘home-middle-right’, 50, 50, TRUE );
    add_image_size( ‘home-tabs’, 150, 220, TRUE );

When you increased the width of the sidebar, you needed to also reduce the size of the images and content. You did reduce the size of the content area already, but the image (particularly the default element styling creating a width of 650px getting applied to featured images within a post) have not been touched yet. They are operating off a width of 650px when your entire content area is now only 600px. Obviously if it is showing 650px in a 600px space, there is going to be some cut off occurring. If you make the overflow visible instead of hidden on your style.css line 752 you can see the cutoff I’m talking about.

I hope this makes more sense.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.