Need Help Customizing Posts in Pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need Help Customizing Posts in Pages

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

worldviewpr
    Participant

At redpark.wpenging.com I have had some success in adding a custom field to the page home/product/lightning, where posts with category (12) now appear on the page

http://redpark.wpengine.com/products/lightning/

But I want to change the order so serial product post ID=121) appears first, above the lightning console product (ID=129) that is currently listed at top.

What I want is to show post ID asc, excerpt with thumbnail (of post image), aligned left with wrap, at default thumbnail size. A simple request (LOL)

Copyblogger support suggested working with the snippet found

http://surefirewebservices.com/wordpress/how-to-reverse-the-post-order-using-the-genesis-framework

I tried adding this snippet

add_action('genesis_before_loop', 'child_before_loop');
    function child_before_loop () {
    global $query_string;
    query_posts($query_string . "&order=ASC&orderby=ID&thumbnail=yes&align=left");
    }

It seems the way it is now at least shows EXCERPT, but still does not order the post IDs, nor shows a thumbnail as wished for above.

How do I get the post ID to appear ascending?

Did I make a mistake in the PHP code?

Is there a way to make the argument in the Value window of the query_args custom field of the Lightning page? I ask this as I may want to customize for each page and should make a separate query within each rather than a universal rule affecting post order on all pages, yes?

Can a post thumbnail be queried and aligned?

http://redpark.wpengine.com

Susan

Hi – you posted this 3 months ago, so I hope you got your issue resolved. If that’s not the case, come back and let me know, and I will escalate this for you…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

worldviewpr
    Participant

close please, thank you.

Susan, are you the “cold case” support?

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  worldviewpr. Reason: wanted to crack wise
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by  worldviewpr. Reason: wanted to crack wise

Susan

:)

I’m whatever support I can provide – my “expertise” is on the CSS side, versus PHP. But, I also monitor the forums, and if there are older threads, I like to follow up on those which I can’t initially answer. In most cases, older threads have already been resolved, but if not, I will escalate to one of my network on Twitter, so even if I can’t answer right away, I can usually find someone who can take a stab at it. :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need Help Customizing Posts in Pages’ is closed to new replies.