Need help making this home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need help making this home page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  diegocerezo 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

diegocerezo
    Participant

Hello StudioPress forum, hope you are all doing great!

I need help, I´m helping a friend start her business and she what´s to make a site, I don´t really know code much and she has asked me for a home page but I don´t know how to go about doing it, here is a JPEG of it maybe you guys could help me giving me some direction as how could I do it and wich theme would you use to manage it.

She is a health coach and she wants this to be her front page. I´m buying the domain name as soon as she decides and installing a wp to start trying, so far I thought about just some code in a text widget placed in home welcome widget like on the agency theme, or making a new template and add 4 widget areas (i like this because then she can make changes without needing me) but in don´t know how exactly to do this, any ideas will help!

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  diegocerezo.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  diegocerezo.

diegocerezo
    Participant

Here I don´t know why it is not showing on the previous comment.

This is what I what to achieve:

Since my las comments I have made attempts on achieving this by means of a widget area with the arbitrary text widget, so far I have this bit of code:

My idea is to place it on a widget area on the Modern Portfolio Child Theme, on the about portion of the site

here is my first attempt

LINK TO SITE

When I see it on http://jsfiddle.net it looks ok but after I place the text widget on the site it shows all wrong, see link above, i imagine the reason is because of the absolute positioning.

Here is the jsfiddle.net link for the code (i don´t know)

http://jsfiddle.net/diegocerezo/JZJyH/1/

Here is the gist, dunno how to use it!

https://gist.github.com/diegocerezo/5525921

The main issue I have is that the images overlay with each other and that is why I´m using the absolute styling, that is how I make them overlay.

HELP!

Again thanks a lot in advance!

Diego

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  diegocerezo. Reason: did not add link, added on this edit
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  diegocerezo. Reason: Sorry forgot the demo site link, added on this edit
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  diegocerezo. Reason: did not add link, added on this edit
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  diegocerezo. Reason: Sorry forgot the demo site link, added on this edit
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.