Need help with a workaround for featured images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need help with a workaround for featured images

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ozonagirl
    Participant

Hi- I’m working with the Expose child theme which creates a portfolio of featured images from a certain number of posts that you designate for the home page.

My client is wondering if the home page images can somehow link to a larger photo, but because these are dependent on the featured image set for each post I can’t think of a good way to give her that functionality from the home page so need to create another way to do this.

I am thinking that it  would be cool if I could have a larger image shown in the actual post that would size down when pulled to the home page. I figure that this would have to be added to the home.php or functions.php file.

In effect , if the featured image in the post was 400 x 429 and could be reduced proportionately to 280 x 300 as it is currently shown on the home page, the image would “enlarge” when the home page image was clicked. This is the best solution I can think of but I don’t know how to execute it.

Does anyone have any ideas to offer about how this could be done? Or maybe have an even better solution?
    Would love some help with this!

http://www.gabhandbags.com

Susan

You’ve marked this as “resolved”, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Please start a new thread if you have another question.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Need help with a workaround for featured images’ is closed to new replies.