Need help with Genesis (using Outreach child theme) – widgets, divs and disqus

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need help with Genesis (using Outreach child theme) – widgets, divs and disqus

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

paulietheboss
    Participant

How do I edit the style of single widgets? I would like some widgets with a different style from others. On my homepage every widget has a white rounded background that I’d like removed on some widgets – Is this possible?

How do I edit the homepage template to add elements outside of widgets, to add a div for instance? I would like to add a Nivoslider image slider, but I would like it to be part of the page template rather than entered via a widget. I have tried adding it with hooks but it didn’t work properly (for example if I added it as after content it would add a blank empty content area before the slider) – I’ve edited templates many times before in standard WordPress installations, but the way the genesis framework homepage template reads makes no sense to me! I also want to add a couple of other divs to the homepage with images.

How do I get the Disqus comments system to show with the Genesis Framework? I have the plugin installed and it’s showing as enabled, but no comments are showing up on my site anywhere. I’ve had no problem with previous WordPress installations and Disqus.

I tried emailing the developers but they just said to post it here :/

Cheers!

paulietheboss
    Participant

Anyone? :/

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Please share a link to your site.

Which specific widgets are you trying to target?

Have you seen my Genesis Explained series? It explains how hooks work.

http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tag/genesis-explained

Are comments enabled in the Genesis Theme Settings?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.