Need help with home.php for Expose Child theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need help with home.php for Expose Child theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ozonagirl
    Participant

Hi- I just started working with the Expose theme for the first time, and I imported the demo content to see if it would help me reverse engineer the home page display & change it up a little. I have successfully removed the excerpt and “read more” link via home.php, and also was able to change the size of the image via the functions.php file. But no matter what I do, I can’t figure out why the demo image is still showing rather than the image I used in my first post.

The headline pulls over to the home page but not the image.
    and if you click on the Landscapes 1 image or headline, it takes you to the post I started ( http://gabhandbags.com/2013/05/05/curly-camel-hobo-bag/ ) which has different image entirely.

I tried making the handbag photo a featured image (edit post view, bottom right sidebar option) but that didn’t work either.

Firebug shows me that the image class is attachment-Featured but I can’t figure out where this is class controlled. I don’t see the word “Featured” in any of the files I can edit. Can someone help?

Thanks for listening!

http://www.gabhandbags.com

Susan

I’m working through all the outstanding issues here on the forum. Since it’s been over 3 months since you posted your question, I’m hoping you were able to resolve your issue. Please check in when you have a chance.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

ozonagirl
    Participant

Hahahaha, Susan! Yeah- hard to wait too long for an answer so I wrote support after I didn’t hear for a few days and got it resolved :) Seems like that is the way to go with questions on less-popular themes like this one. I am actually going to change themes for this site soon. Is there a Studiopress theme that will allow for a widgetized home page that offers a portfolio or gallery style view? (Or is there anything in the works?)

Susan

Glad you got it resolved!

I’m not sure what SP has in the works (they like to keep us guessing!), but have you looked at the Pretty Pictures theme?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.