Need Help with slider for Mocha theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Need Help with slider for Mocha theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tekgirl02 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tekgirl02
    Participant

I need some help please coding the genesis responsive slider under the menu for the Mocha theme…I dragged the slider to the header-right widget on the sidebar, but it is above the menu and tot he right.

I need it to be below the menu and centered. I know I have to make a  new sidebar on the genesis_after_header or genesis_header hook, but I do not know how to write the code and need to get this project finished…

Looks like I cannot attach a screenshot here :-( it is not there right now because I have people looking at the site and don’t want them to see that there is a slider not working…

Thank you…

wpsmith

First, you need to register the sidebar for the backend. Just add the sidebar registration to the functions.php file

And then, you add it to your home.php file.

Travis Smith | Recommended StudioPress Developer & Contributor
    WP Smith | @wp_smith | GitHub

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.
    How to use Firebug for Designers by SixRevisions

tekgirl02
    Participant

Thanks Travis…when I then add the slider to the header-right widget, I get this: svrescue.com/home

wpsmith

Add the slider to the Home Slider widget in http://domain.com/wp-admin/widgets.php not Header Right.

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.

tekgirl02
    Participant

Ok…now I see – your code registered and created a new home slider widget…thank you so much much Travis…this worked perfectly…now I guess I just have to add some css to fit it exactly as I need it…if you could just give me an idea of what CSS classes to start with, I can finish up this project. For example, .home slider?

Thanks again! I have learned quite a bit from this post and I hope I will now be able to do this myself in the future :-)

tekgirl02
    Participant

Never mind – I’m good! Thank you again!!!

wpsmith

Use #home-slider or .home-widget. All my widets on my home page (not in sidebar) get .home-widget in case I want to style them a specific way. Then I use the ID to select a particular widget.

tekgirl02
    Participant

Travis, I thought I was good, but am having trouble with the genesis slider styling…I thought using .genesis-responseive-slider would work, but no go…

Thanks!

wpsmith

Hi,

You need to use .genesis_responsive_slider.

Keep at it!

tekgirl02
    Participant

Ok…did that…nothing is working ;-( I want to eliminate the whitespace around the image on the right and have the image either centered on the page or right on top of the content column, if that makes any sense…thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.