Need minor help with Option Framework or Option Tree

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Need minor help with Option Framework or Option Tree

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wpspeak 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dev
    Participant

I’m am really struggling with the Option Framework or Option Tree or any of these things to build a page that users can make a few CSS changes… like background color, or font size, or a different header graphic (upload one.)

I know how to create the option page. I know (sort of) how to get the data out of the database via get_option().

What I don’t know is the code to make the changes to the CSS. From what I understand the Option Framework will create an embedded style sheet. So if I want

#my-class {background: red;}

and I have an option to let the user choose blue, what code do I use and where to I insert it so that the regular CSS is overridden?

Maybe I insert some code via a hook? I would think you would code it in the header.php… but Genesis says not to mess with their modules! So that WOULD mean a hook… but which one… there are a zillion of them!

There are all these tutorials on the web about creating the user option page and getting the data out of the DB, but they all end there. What do I do next? I know CSS and I know PHP… but I don’t know all that much about Genesis… so if anyone can spare a minute and post something that will solve this puzzle for me or get me back on track,  I’d be very grateful.

Thanks.

wpspeak
    Participant

I’m not a fan of Option Framework. But I suggest you to dig the code of the Genesis Design Palette plugin, Prose Child Theme or Genesis Extender plugin.

dev
    Participant

I’m not wedded to Option Framework… I’ll use anything that works well with Genesis. I absolutely must incorporate a few CSS options that the client can change… maybe 10 or so. I just don’t understand the process OR code in getting an embedded style command(s) into the output of the page so it will override the style.css.

I will check out both links above. Maybe they are easier than Option Framework or Option Tree?

wpspeak
    Participant

Maybe they are easier than Option Framework or Option Tree?

ABSOLUTELY. :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.