Need some quick help please with sample theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Need some quick help please with sample theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lynsey 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lynsey
    Participant

Hi i was just wondering, for the sample theme how do i make both of the sidebar widths the same size?  one on the right is huge and one on the left is tiny, i would like them both the same size..  i looked at the css but it’s all a bit confusing  this is the url http://shinymagic.com/test2/

Vajrasar Goswami
    Participant

The left sidebar is usually small in width as compared to the one in right.

I used firebug and found the following additions/alterations in the main theme’s stylesheet. This is not pixel perfect, but would get you near to want you want.

NOTE: Please do backup the stylesheet first, before changing anything. (Simply copy-paste the orginal code/css and save it somewhere on your machine).

.content-sidebar-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-sidebar-content #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 80%;
    }

.content-sidebar-sidebar #content, .sidebar-content-sidebar #content, .sidebar-sidebar-content #content {
    width: 74%;
    }

.content-sidebar-sidebar .sidebar, .sidebar-content-sidebar .sidebar, .sidebar-sidebar-content .sidebar {
    width: 24%;
    }

#sidebar-alt {
    width: 19%;
    }

Twitter – Vajrasar

Lynsey
    Participant

Thanks so much that helped alot! I edited the css a little and managed to get it more even this is the code

.content-sidebar-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-sidebar-content #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 81%;
    }

.content-sidebar-sidebar #content, .sidebar-content-sidebar #content, .sidebar-sidebar-content #content {
    width: 74%;
    }

.content-sidebar-sidebar .sidebar, .sidebar-content-sidebar .sidebar, .sidebar-sidebar-content .sidebar {
    width: 25%;
    }

#sidebar-alt {
    width: 18%;
    }

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.