Need to make the slider smaller and put some news text next to it, responsively

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Need to make the slider smaller and put some news text next to it, responsively

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mpoyner
    Participant

I basically want to make the slider about 2/3 of the width it is now (its 1040 now, I think). Then, next to that, I need to pull in posts that have been tagged as “news”. These posts would have very small images 100×100 or so, with a sentence or two of text wrapped around them, and then a jump to the post with more info.

It’s the responsive part thats giving me a lot of trouble. I’m not sure how to have it nicely wrap and resize the way I need it. Any help you could provide would be awesome. Thanks!

Here’s my temp website address:¬†http://69.195.124.88/~bridgeo9/

AC
    Blocked

You need to float that Latest News widget “right” – looking at the code in Firebug, you have a Text widgets there identified as #Text-13 and #Text-14. For example:

Text-13 is the slider and Text-14 is the Latest news. Copy and paste this to the bottom of your Style Sheet. Keep in mind – if you change the contents of either one of these – you will need to change the ID to the new content so it will format properly.

#text-13 {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    float: left;
    padding: 10px;
    width: 60%;
    }

#text-14 {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    float: right;
    padding: 10px;
    width: 35%;
    }

Then tweak the percentages for responsiveness.

mpoyner
    Participant

Hey, thanks. This helped a lot. I played with a few tweaks and I think I have it working (although I haven’t pulled in my posts in the news area yet, so we’ll see if that breaks it.)

AC
    Blocked

Ok, if you need more help or for me to look at it after you put it in there… just post on here and I’ll take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.