new install

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

momista
    Participant

i am considering purchasing one of your themes along with the genesis framework.. i currently have a wordpress blog with a free theme. If i purchase and install one of your themes and the framework, is it as simple as activating the theme? Will it save my current blog content? is there any current information/topic I may have missed in either the forums or faq’s?

thanks in advance!

AC
    Blocked

You need to install Genesis *FIRST* –> then install the child theme. In that order. And your content stays in there just like it is. You will only need to reposition the contents and widgets to form the layout you want.

momista
    Participant

Anitac, thank you for the quick reply. repositioning widgets i can do, rewriting a years worth of content… not so much.

AC
    Blocked

Oh, haven’t you ever backed up your WordPress installation? If not, go to Tools –> then Export!!! Do that immediately. It will save everything to your hard drive!

AC
    Blocked

That export I mentioned above will back up all your blogs, pages, images, etc. – not your theme, just all your data.

momista
    Participant

Thank you again. I have backed up the site but it was via my host and rather confusing. The way you described is much easier. I can do that just about every day. Thank you :)

AC
    Blocked

Oh, you’re welcome. Then if something happens, all you need to do is import your last backup.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.