new portfolio based on modern portfolio

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback new portfolio based on modern portfolio

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dmcleod87 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

dmcleod87
    Participant

hi everyone!

just thought i’d share my new portfolio website with you that’s based on modern portfolio. it needs some tweaks here and there and some more content but i’m very happy with it so far!

http://dylanmcleod.com.au/

thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me with some of the customisations!

http://dylanmcleod.com.au/

dmcleod87
    Participant

oh and feel free to make comments on how i could improve the site…i’m open to suggestions!

faiekg

Very smart – I love the portfolio of your site. Does is come built in ? I cannot for the life of me get my head around how to setup a portfolio for my site

dmcleod87
    Participant

no i attempted to create a portfolio using this tutorial but had some issues with getting it to display right with this child theme. in the end i went with this plugin which works great! hope this helps!

faiekg

Thanks !!!

computerkitten
    Participant

Love your website… curious… how did you do those icons at the bottom of your home page. Example, “Logo Design & Branding”… is this a plugin or???

Thanks!!
    CK

emasai
    Participant

Hi Dylan,

Great looking site, I love your style! Just one nit pick, in ipad landscape the “view services” button is too high up hugging the h tag, it should be aligned with the paragraph.

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

dmcleod87
    Participant

thanks for the kind words lynne! i thought i fixed that button but obviously not…thanks for notifying me!

blazestudios23

Nice, the layout is actually very similar to my site. Just everything else is different.

Kristie Hill
    Participant

Great site! I too am curious about your icons, they’re awesome!

Blogging about Blogging.

hmistler

Love your site! Very clean & beautiful. I’m also curious about your icons – how did you get them to change color on the rollover? I thinking of adding some images to my site and having the images change on a roll over, but haven’t gotten that far yet.

Dag-Erling
    Participant

I love your portfolio part of the page. Might want to replicate that for my own page.

dmcleod87
    Participant

thanks for the kind words everyone!

the icons are custom made SVG icons which change colour on hover via css.

Moises Mata

Hi Dylan, that website is awesome, congrats!! I looove the color scheme

Moises Mata / Ingeniero Consultor
    perfildelemprendedor.com

Dag-Erling
    Participant

Hey

I bought the same plug-in and testing it out. However I do have some questions.

1. How did you get the landscape view on the pictures. Mine are square and I “hate” it.

2. The can’t find a way to have the overlay just move the picture. They always push it away. Did you do something special there or am I just missing a setting?

My page is here: http://www.dagerlingjensen.no/portefolje (Norwegian sorry)

- Dag

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.