New Pretty Young Theme — Questions

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks New Pretty Young Theme — Questions

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

traininghearts
    Participant

After MUCH research, I cannot figure out a few things.

I managed to get Genesis installed, PYT theme installed, customized the header, etc.

1.  Is there a FULL tutorial for each theme?  I can only find tidbits.

2.  I am trying to get my site to look like the demo.

I cannot get images to show on the first two posts or the Grid posts  like the demo
    I cannot get the 3 footer columns to show up.  I’ve added the widgets, but they are not showing up.
    http://demo.studiopress.com/pretty/ {SAMPLE demo that I am referring to}

How do I get the “About Danielle Summers” section to show up in the comment area? (obviously changing it to my info)

I am VERY new to all this and would greatly appreciate simple explanations.  I am not familiar with the coding.

Thank you for all your help!

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

The tutorials are in the my.studiopress.com site next to the theme download. Right now it says “how to”

Usage and technical questions may be submitted to the help desk at my.studiopress.com. We do not guarantee a response in these forums.

When posting a question please share a link to your site so we can see what is happening.

I cannot answer question number 2 without seeing what is happening.

For #3, go to your profile settings and enable the author box on single posts. You will need a gravatar account to get your image to show. The author bio in the user profile will also show as your description text.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  nickthegeek.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  nickthegeek.

traininghearts
    Participant

Thanks, Nick.

I am SOOO lost here and one of the reasons I quit using the Genesis theme a year or so ago.  I am trying again.

Yes, I did find the very basic “how to” for this theme but the only thing it covers is the Social Icons.

Your directions for #3 were wonderful :)

Link is: herhouseholdrhythm.com

and sadly, I just discovered one additional issue.  My pagination is not working.  I get a 404 error when I click on Next Page.

My permalinks are set to Default??

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE :)

traininghearts
    Participant

I got the page navigation to work :) after a lot of playing around.

Still hoping someone will chime in with the images issues on this theme.

traininghearts
    Participant

Errr….I guess I did not get the page navigation to work.  It reverts right back to page one.   I gave up and submitted an inquiry with the help desk.

krphh
    Participant

Does anyone know how I can get FULL posts to show on my homepage instead of just excerpts with a “read more” button?! Is this possible?!

Susan

@krphh: I replied to your other post:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/show-full-posts-in-pretty-theme/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Pretty Young Theme — Questions’ is closed to new replies.