New Site Feedback

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback New Site Feedback

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Participant

Hi all,

Love to get your feedback on this latest site, a customisation based on Appfinite’s Optimal child theme:

Paradise Golf Tours

Most appreciated!

anitac
    Participant

You did a great job. Love the green and usage of the video in place of the image slider.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Anitac! :)

theKatrinaM
    Participant

Hi Dan

It look really good, I notice the logo is a bit blurry. You might want to try it as a .png for better quality.

Again you did an amazing job.

“People are only supposed to believe the legends not understand them.” Norman Collins
    Design | Blog

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Katrina!

Will check that out.

:)

CynthiaC
    Participant

nice – how did you select a video for your featured image?

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Cynthia!

Used a widget for the video, so no featured image. Found the code to make it responsive online somewhere (CSS tricks maybe? Can’t recall)

kelmom
    Participant

Great job!  I really like the subtle color boost when you mouseover the shirts in the shop.  The colors are really soothing and clean.

~Kellie~

Cheryl M
    Participant

VERY professional looking and I too love the video right up front and in your face.  GREAT job!  I need to rework my front page, it’s getting cluttered.  LOL

kategorgeous
    Participant

I love the professional look but I have a slow internet connection and the large images took a little while to load – have they been optimised?

http://www.underbrella.co.uk
    Only dead fish go with the flow

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Kellie!

Glad you like it – I was stuck for ages on how to draw attention to it as I did want to do something subtle, the rest of the site not really lending to anything over the top. Looks like job done then! :)

Dan
    Participant

Thank you Cheryl! The local competition for tourism based businesses can be a bit rough in this area, so we wanted to lift the game a little!

For your own home page, I’d maybe suggest breaking the block of text up into a couple of paragraphs, it’ll make it easier to read…

Something else I’m considering more at the moment too is the use of image galleries – Peep Laja on ConversionXL  had an interesting post on this a couple of months back, is worth a read (but of course, your mileage may vary!)

http://conversionxl.com/dont-use-automatic-image-sliders-or-carousels-ignore-the-fad/

HTH, and thanks for the feedback!

Dan
    Participant

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the feedback and the heads up! The images have been optimised (via Smush It), but clearly some extra work needs doing. Was considering putting the site through CloudFlare once it was bedded in – guess that seals the deal!

Thanks again!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.