New Sub Forum Suggestions: Internationalization/ Translations

Community Forums Forums Forum Bugs and Suggestions New Sub Forum Suggestions: Internationalization/ Translations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Decker 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David Decker

To separate typical i18n topics and community translations exchange for Framework, Child Themes and Plugins from the other stuff here I strongly suggest the creation of

a new sub forum here for “Internationalization/ Translations” (or give it a better name!)

Would simply things a bit for users and moderators here I guess.

I know we should not make to many sub forums but maybe this one is a common thing.

THANK YOU!

-Dave :)

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

+1million. We were trying to think of everything we needed and very late Wednesday, the day before this all went live I realized “crap we don’t have the international forums”

What I hope to see happen is a forum for discussing internationalization, but also a place for the international community to go native. It would be really cool for them to post design and development tips in the language they feel most comfortable in. That way users who struggle with English even more than I do (seriously have you seen how I butcher the language I grew up with. it is scary.) will have tips and tutorials they can read without using translation tools. I think that would be a real win for the community.

And_or
    Participant

I second the motion too :-) central place for – The rest of the world – will be useful

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

David Decker

Hi there!

Thanks for your feedback, both!

I agree with Nick, that it would be really cool to have some language specific discussions/tips/whatever in one’s native language :)

So, since Brian just opened a sub forum, we have our place to go:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/forum/internationalization/

David Decker

Thread closed, because new sub forum is open!

Enjoy all users :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Sub Forum Suggestions: Internationalization/ Translations’ is closed to new replies.