New topics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kathiemt 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kathiemt
    Participant

Is there a way to see the latest topics here? I do find this forum very confusing compared to the last one, which was so easy to find things. I’m constantly searching to find things, even if to see if there’s been an answer to my queries. I do tick the ‘notify me’ box below but often find the emails get to me sometime later and if I’m waiting for an answer, would be good to see that a new post has been posted.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

AC
    Blocked

People have commented about this many times. I get emails right away from issues I follow, not sure why they come to you sometime later. Since the forum doesn’t function like the old one, when you come here – you are seeing the most recent “new entries and most recent responses”.

kathiemt
    Participant

I guess the timing is part of it Anita. I’m in Australia so that will often mean there’s no-one line here when I am. But I have noticed many times that responses here do show up long before I get them by email.  I leave the browser tab open, refresh and find an answer and when I check my email it’s still not there.

I would love to be able to see forum responses to themes – like the old forum. This one I spend a LOT more time doing searches trying to find out if someone has asked the same question as me before I post it. In the old forum I could simply search threads for a particular theme.

AC
    Blocked

Oh I see, well let me give you a few search tips:

1) Click the home tab – look halfway down and you will see another search box – it’s right above the column marked “Freshness”. That search box is much more reliable and pulls in a better format. So use that one to do searches.

2) Another way is using Google. For example – If you were looking for discussions on Metro theme – go to Google search, type in – let’s say, Metro theme site:studiopress.com. By adding site:studiopress.com – you are only search for Metro theme on the Studiopress website and not the entire world wide web. That might help you.

kathiemt
    Participant

Thank you Anita.  I wonder how many others have this same challenge with the new forum?  Perhaps a ‘sticky’ tip at the top of the forum relating to searches might help?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.