New with Studiopress: Beautiful Pro: how to have one menu above and below image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks New with Studiopress: Beautiful Pro: how to have one menu above and below image

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wildflowerramb

I just started Studiopress- Beautiful Theme.

I would like one menu above my image and one below. Currently, both the menu in the header widgit and the primary menu are above my ‘background’ picture in Beautiful Pro. I would like to put the primary menu BELOW the image. Please let me know what code to remove and add!!! Thank you!!

I got the following info from Studiopress:

As the theme is designed, it is not possible to do a second menu after the banner without theme customization. To do 2 menus, with one below would require customizing the theme functions.php file. You would need to remove the following line to give you a third menu location:
    //* Unregister secondary navigation menu
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-menus’, array( ‘primary’ => __( ‘Primary Navigation Menu’, ‘beautiful’ ) ) );

You would then need to relocate the banner and/or second menu. If this is something you need help with, you can open a thread in our community forums which is the best place for help with theme customizations.

THANK YOU
    Amy

http://wildflowerramblings.com

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

In menu area, assign 2nd menu “secondary menu”, then you can position secondary menu above header image by adding following code in functions.php file

/** Move Secondary Nav Menu Above Header */

remove_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'genesis_do_subnav' );
    add_action( 'genesis_before_header', 'genesis_do_subnav' );

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.