Newbie question

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Newbie question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ruidoblanco 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ruidoblanco
    Participant

Hello! i am new in this great community of Genesis users!

I have a blog working on a free template, but i bought yesterday Genesis+Metro Theme and i want to use it in my blog.

I am not a webmaster, i have done all by my own, learning, reading, etc..

My question is…

Can i test the blog with the Genesis+Metro theme, without affecting the actual design?
    I have visits everyday, i don’t want to make changes “on-air”

My idea is to test and make all the changes, and then, switch to the theme Genesis+Metro Theme, when everything work perfect!

Can i do that?
    How can i do it?

I really appreciate any help from you, guys!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!

http://www.comedera.com

anitac
    Participant

Well, you cannot actually do it with your current content. You can set up a demo website under your url… something like http://comedera.com/newsite. Install WordPress again there and then install Genesis & Metro. You can customize it there. When you are happy with it, then you can transfer the theme over to http://comedera.com and activate it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ruidoblanco
    Participant

@anitac thank you for the answer!!

basically i need to clone all content, and work on a new site and the when i feel happy with the result i just copy the folders of the theme to the main site?

anitac
    Participant

Yes, exactly!

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ruidoblanco
    Participant

anitac: last newbie question (i hope, haha)
    wich folders should i copy? wp-content? or the themes folders only? (genesis and metro)

thank you for your help!

anitac
    Participant

When you are done, you would only need to copy over the Metro theme you customized. Nothing else.

anitac
    Participant

P.S. Unless uploaded images through Media, added Posts/Pages, etc. I was assuming you only wanted to customize the look/appearance of Metro.

ruidoblanco
    Participant

Well, i will upload some images, like a new custom header..
    also i will create new content to show when i relaunch the website, but i think i can post it at the moment

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.