Newbie Question?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Newbie Question?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  estateagent 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

estateagent

Hi All,

This is my first post and its probably an easy answer if you knew something about Genesis – which I clearly don’t!

I’ve bought themes for years but never had any real success, for many different reasons but usually the themes limitation and the lack of support.

Anyway here’s the question: I’d like to create my own estate agency brand but create a brand with a cms where when I open in another region that agent can login to their control panel and have exclusive access to manage that part. Can this be done?

estateagent

Any pointers, links to similar strings, or anything from designers/coders welcome – thanks..

Susan

@estateagent:

First of all, welcome to the forum! Don’t reply to your own post, otherwise it will drop off the list of “unanswered posts”, and we will think you have already received a response to your question.

It sounds like multisite might work for what you are looking for?
    http://mashable.com/2012/07/26/beginner-guide-wordpress-multisite/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

estateagent

Sorry, I meant to add the second part but didn’t know how to edit it. Thanks for the link, I’ll have a look at it.

I can see the edit tab now :)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  estateagent.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  estateagent.

Susan

No problem! The edit tag doesn’t remain open very long, so if you want to add something later, you’re out of luck!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

estateagent

Having looked around I think what I want to do is, use Genesis as the framework but have a multisite. Can this be done on Genesis?

Its only an idea right now and people I’ve spoken to tell me nothing that’s wordpress is secure enough for that.

I hope not as the whole open source movement is great but is it true??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.