Newbie questions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Newbie questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marybaum 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wimcowie
    Participant

Brand new to to the theme thing. I’m considering buying a premium theme, but before I do, can someone please help with a few stupid questions?

The two options that appeal to me are the Studiopress Quattro (nice appearance) and Woothemes Canvas (blank canvast to create anything I want… easily).

Woothemes has 4 video tutorials on Canvas that make me think I can do just what I need there, but…

1.  Is Framework just like Canvas in that I will be able to customize any feature on Quattro using Framework?

2. Is there a video resource somewhere where I can see more about Framework’s customizability, so I can compare it with Canvas?

3. I like the Woothemes Sensei plugin, which allows coursework to be done simply and nicely. Is there an equivalent courseware plugin available for Framework and/or Quattro? If not, does Framework/Quattro play nice with Woothemes Sensei?

Thanks in advance! ;0

marybaum
    Participant

If you know CSS, you can do just about anything with Genesis. The best way is to start with the Genesis Sample Child theme – don’t change the Genesis Framework itself.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.