newbie questions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion newbie questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kpgdimension
    Participant

Hello – just purchased your Pro-Plus All-Theme Package and having a difficult time figuring out how things work.I have been trying to play with some of the child themes I did not realize I needed to know php to such a degree, especially for the hooks.. I cant seem to be able to change  anything – frustrated. Is there maybe an easier child theme that you suggest I start on that might work for me. I had purchased the infocus theme from themeforest about 2 months ago and I was able to do alot of the editing with custom css feature it had.. any help would greatly appreciated..

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  kpgdimension.

Susan

I don’t own it, but it is my understanding that the “Prose” theme is editable in a different manner than all the other child themes – you might want to take a look at that.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

AC
    Blocked

Which theme are you working with right now? Did you download the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin to use with your website? This makes life a lot easier.

kpgdimension
    Participant

Thanks Susan,

I have switched over to the prose theme -I like how the design option is there, not as intimidating..

Anitac , i have the simple hooks plug in, but am not sure how it works  – example, where would i find the code to  use for wp_head Hook… I guess I am not just getting this, and the vids on hooks just goes to php… thanks anyway..

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  kpgdimension.

kpgdimension
    Participant

Is there a way to use css shortcodes, and where would I find that ? thx..

AC
    Blocked

Here is the Visual Hook Guide to help you with placement – http://genesistutorials.com/visual-hook-guide/. Take a look at that and it should all start to click.

AC
    Blocked

Oh and in addition to what I wrote above – you should download the Genesis Guide for Absolute Beginners. It’s free – http://www.studiopress.com/news/genesis-for-beginners.htm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.