Newbie with a question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Newbie with a question

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jay530
    Participant

Hello! I just purchased Genesis and I’m wondering do I need a child theme as well? I dont know much about code but willing to learn. Is there a child theme (if needed) that is user friendly for begginers and that allows for featured page with posts underneath? Oh ya, about me…I love chocolate cake, my kids, and people in general except for jerks. I wear ankle socks and sing on my way to work. My son is four years old and subsequently I know every theme sing for every cartoon on nick jr. I’m also passionate about helping others-I work as a counseler-and I love anything with Will Ferrel in it. Did I mention I love chocolate cake?

Susan

Yes, you will need to either buy a child theme, use one of the free child themes (Try Sample), or build your own. You shouldn’t make any changes to the Genesis framework itself.

At the too of this screen is a section called “shop for themes” – look around there for something that appeals to you.

I like chocolate cake, too :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

jay530
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Susan, it looks like the “prose” child theme might work well for me. I will give it a shot.

Susan

Great! If you have any issues getting your site set up, go ahead and submit a support ticket. Otherwise, we’llbe here for any questions :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Newbie with a question’ is closed to new replies.