News Pro Header fill header area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks News Pro Header fill header area

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kdgjevre
    Participant

I would like to have a header banner that fills the area above the menu. I have tinkered and gotten close. Perhaps i am working with the wrong element. Thank you for help.

graphic size is:
    1040x168px

http://bas.sharonbroughtonteam.com/

nutsandbolts

It looks like you’ve got everything configured correctly for the most part, but your functions file is set for a 260×90 header image, so your image is being cropped. Try removing the image from Appearance > Header and adding the following to your stylesheet (with the correct URL of course):

.site-title a {
    background: url(INSERT LINK TO FULL SIZE HEADER IMAGE HERE) no-repeat !important;
    }

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

artdeal
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to add an logo in the header on the left. I tried the recommendation form nutsandbolts but couldn’t get it to work. The website I am working on is lrstudios.net. Does any know what code I may have overlook that needs to be change?

nutsandbolts

Find this in your stylesheet:

.title-area {
    float: left;
    padding-left: 40px;
    padding-left: 4rem;
    width: 300px;
    }

And change the width from 300px to 500px.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.