News Pro: How to reduce Footer widgets from 6 to 3?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks News Pro: How to reduce Footer widgets from 6 to 3?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nscalice 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kara-Leah
    Participant

I’m currently tweaking News Pro to replace Lifestyle on my website The Yoga Lunchbox. I want to reduce the number of Footer Widgets in News Pro down to three. I tried to modify the CSS, but don’t know enough and it all got out of whack.

Has anybody done this before? Can you share that section of CSS code with me?

Thanks,
    Kara-Leah

http://test.theyogalunchbox.co.nz/

braddalton
    Participant

Kara-Leah
    Participant

Hmm… looks perfect in your example. Followed your instructions directly. But to no avail. Have double checked the functions code, and the css code, and all looks good. What am I missing?

Thanks by the way for the fast & thorough response. The tutorial is brilliant… now if I can just make it work!

braddalton
    Participant

Just tested this again locally and it didn’t work the first time for me until i cleared the browser cache and loaded the page a few times.

I have no server side or caching plugins installed locally however WordPress does include built in caching.

Also note caching plugins and server side caching might mean the changes take time to show up sometimes.

On my live server, i still see my old CSS code and a orange site rather then green from 2 weeks ago using Firefox even after purging the cache.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Kara-Leah
    Participant

Hmmm…. I did wonder if it was a caching issue. But I’ve made other tweaks to that CSS style sheet – colours, fonts etc – and they’ve all shown up straight away.

Cleared the cache.

Checked in Firefox (I’ve been using Chrome).

Still nothing. Will give it a day or two and see what happens.

Becky

Thanks, Brad, for the great tutorial. It was very clear.

Using it, I was still having trouble with the width. Oddly, from Internet Explorer, it looked right. In Firefox and Chrome, it still looked narrow.

In the Style.CSS, I scrolled on down to the Media Queries section and found several left over references to footer widgets 4-6, and two more width references. I deleted the lines for footer widgets 4-6 and re-set the width. That seems to have fixed it in each desktop browser and from my mobile browser, also.

nscalice

Becky, when you say you “reset the width”, what do you mean? Thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  nscalice.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  nscalice.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.