News Theme footer widget section not responsive

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks News Theme footer widget section not responsive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JoyFriday 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jkstech
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been digging through this forum while designing with the News theme and I’m almost where I need it. I’ve been able to customize a lot of the responsive design but I can’t get the footer widget section to respond responsively.

This causes the site to navigate solippily on mobile because there is a lot of space to the right side which is due to the footer widget section not resizing properly.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome :)

http://maschinetutorials.com

jkstech
    Participant

Yeah this is weird, I’ve tried changing many different parameters, making sure the footer is in the responsive section but it just seems like the 3 footer widgets will not resize properly, they stay big on mobile so it causes a bunch of space to the right side of the site.

Anyone using the Newse theme or any other Genesis theme with footer widgets that had this same issue?

jasonmrp
    Participant

I noticed the same problem with my news theme site. I have sent a question to the support theme.

BossLady
    Participant

I don’t see an answer to this here or in the other thread so I’m posting my solution here.

In the responsive design section under max-width: 960px around line 2423 you’ll find a very long list of selectors with the following:

{
    box-sizing: border-box;
    width: 100%;
    }

Add #footer-widgets to the list and it should do its responsive thing.

JoyFriday
    Participant

That worked perfectly! Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.