News Theme – Image Alignment

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks News Theme – Image Alignment

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  chrisman 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chrisman
    Participant

I have been using the News theme for a long time and only recently have found a need to make some new changes.
    1. I use the home page as a blog style and pull extended blog excerpts.
    2. The main post image on the home page, and archive pages is LEFT aligned. I want to make it RIGHT aligned.
    3. I have looked in the theme functions and CSS files for home-middle-left and home-middle-right (as those are the names used in the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archive section) and tried changing the image dimensions for home-middle-right. They don’t change. I tried changing it but even though I told it the dimension was 280×160, the image shows up as 50×50.

I’m using the News theme, NOT THE NEWS PRO theme. I did the html 5 conversion work myself.

I’ve tried clearing my cache but it’s not a caching issue.

Bottom line: How do I right align my post’s image on the archive pages.

http://www.behindthemixer.com/

chrisman
    Participant

…from the genesis theme’s readme file:
    By default WordPress will create a default thumbnail image for each image you upload and the size can be specified in your dashboard under Settings > Media. In addition, the News child theme creates the following thumbnail images you’ll see below, which are defined (and can be modified) in the functions.php file. These are the recommended thumbnail sizes that are used on the News child theme demo site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.