News Theme -logo and header not responsive

Community Forums Forums General Discussion News Theme -logo and header not responsive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

JimSweeney
    Participant

We installed the News Theme on a new blog this week and I noticed that everything working responsively EXCEPT the header area.  The text name of the company and the tag line do not refresh responsively and are being truncated.  Any ideas?

thanks

jim

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Jim,

Could you post a link to your site so I can look into this for you please?

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

JimSweeney
    Participant

Chris,

thanks – we tried to change the header width to 100% and that didn’t work, and then changed it to a larger static width, as you can see that also didn’t work.

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org

jim

wpspeak
    Participant

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Jim,

Looks like it is working now, did you get it how you wanted?

Chris

demetriusb
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.  The logo is not responsive.  Genesis Responsive Header plugin is not the way that I’d like to go.

Any solution would be helpful.

JimSweeney
    Participant

Chris,  no you can still see part of the text under the company name being cut off on the right side

jim

demetriusb
    Participant

This needs to be resolved for all the themes.  38% of all web traffic is now mobile/tablet based.

If your site isn’t responsive you’re losing customers.  This shouldn’t be a hard fix.

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Jim,

I see it now. The issue you’ve got is that you’ve set the width of the header to 1024px and the first media query (making it responsive) doesn’t cut in until 960px. Therefore browsers between 1024px and 960px wide will cut off the header.

You either need to make your header 960px wide or up the first media query to be 1024px instead of 960px.

Chris

JimSweeney
    Participant

Chris, thanks .  the reason we increased the header width was because the header was being cut off in it’s out of the box state.

When we resize it , I believe the same issue will appear, only more of the header will be cut off, thanks

jim

chitowngal66
    Participant

I noticed this too and I’m using the standard text header. On mobile it looks like it is wanting to center and doesn’t appear to wrap.

cehwitham
    Participant

I think the issue is that you’re using a background image rather than an inserted image.

This article may help with the styling of the background image so that it is responsive: http://voormedia.com/blog/2012/11/responsive-background-images-with-fixed-or-fluid-aspect-ratios

@chitowngal66 do you have a link to your site?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.