News Theme Set up

Community Forums Forums General Discussion News Theme Set up

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

klipklopp
    Participant

I have installed the News Theme on my site and would like to take advantage of the featured tabs and other areas shown on the demo site, but in reviewing the News documentation, the suggestion is to use the plugins called Genesis – Featured Posts widget and the Genesis Tabs widget. It appears that both of these widgets are blog post driven and I would like to achieve the News theme look for my site using standard pages.

Can anyone suggest plugins that would do the trick for pages rather than blog posts with this theme?

Thanks!

Ted

braddalton
    Participant

Genesis – Featured Pages widget

klipklopp
    Participant

Hi Brad – got it.

The News theme documentation also suggests using the Genesis Tabs widget and the documentation on that suggests it only supports posts, not pages. Have you used it before and is that correct? If yes, can you suggest a plug-in that would create tabs for pages instead?

Thanks!

Ted

braddalton
    Participant

Hi Ted

Would be easier to use posts instead.

You can make posts the same as pages by disabling comments.

klipklopp
    Participant

Hi Brad,

I have clearly discovered that this theme is extremely blog based, which I was not aware of when we chose it… We plan to have just one blog and allow for discussion and conversation.

Being new to WordPress I am unsure how I would disable comments for some posts/blogs and not others, and how the overall functionality would work if I use posts for some of our product pages instead of actual pages… I am concerned that this would get too confusing as I try switching between posts and pages.

Can you offer any advice or suggestions for other widgets or solutions.

Thanks.

Ted

braddalton
    Participant

You can easily disable them manually on each posts or using a custom function once you know exactly which ones you want to remove or simply hide the form.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.