News Theme – setting homepage feature image

Community Forums Forums General Discussion News Theme – setting homepage feature image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benconnor 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

benconnor
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m using the News Theme and due to the fact that home page is widgetized, showing only latest posts etc, there is no way I can see to set a featured image.

The problem with this is that when I send people the link to the homepage in facebook, it picks up the featured images from the latest featured posts – header image is ignored (rightly so as it would be too big).

Here is my website:

http://benconnormusic.com/

Is there anyway to set a homepage feature image?

Anita
    Participant

Did you ever set the Default thumbnail image in the Easy Facebook Share Thumbnails plugin?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

benconnor
    Participant

Hi Anitac :-)

Yeah, the problem, as I see it, is that the genesis featured posts sets a featured image for each post.

For all other posts and pages there is no problem.

The homepage is the only issue.

If a page has a featured image, this will overide the easy facebook share thumbnail. Consequently the two images presented when trying to share the homepage on facebook are the bjork image for the feature blog (on the homepage) and the bandcamp icon (which is the first in my homepage share button sequence – this is not actually chosen as a featured image, which suggests that facebook is still seeing any image that is included on a page as being more worthy of being the share image than the facebook share thumbnail image).

Your help would be much appreciated :-)

Cheers,

Ben

benconnor
    Participant

Hi Anitac,

No ideas?

Ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.