Newsletter viewable in mobile theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Newsletter viewable in mobile theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimcoleman1 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jimcoleman1
    Participant

I’m interested in purchasing either the Focus, Genesis, or Minimum theme. I believe they are all mobile friendly.

However, it would appear the opt in form for the newsletter isn’t viewable while looking at the homepage on mobile. Thus anyone seeing my site on a mobile device wouldn’t be able to opt-in to the newsletter.

Is there a way to make the newsletter opt-in form viewable on a mobile device?

Thanks!

Jim

anitac
    Participant

Not sure what mobile device you are using, but the opt-in form on the Demo is appear both on my Android phone and on my Kindle Fire HD. The sidebar drops down below the content in mobile response. Could it be that you aren’t scrolling down far enough?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

jimcoleman1
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I noticed I did not scroll down far enough to see it. So the next question is, would I be able to move that to the top of the page so it comes before the posts? In other words, before the fold?

Thanks!

Jim

anitac
    Participant

That’s going to be a tough one and I think (guessing right now) that you would need to hack the Genesis Framework in order to do that.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  anitac.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  anitac.

jimcoleman1
    Participant

Okay.

It’s a make or break for me in buying the theme. Even if I was to hire someone to customize it… could it be done? Having the newsletter opt-in form at the bottom just won’t work. =(

Jim

anitac
    Participant

Well, you could use the Header Right Widget area, custom code it so that it only shows up in responsive mode. That code is beyond my skill set, but I am thinking on non-mobile devices the header right widget area would be set to “display: none;” while in responsive mode have it active. Using that widget area on mobile would center it under your logo if you chose to use a logo.

jimcoleman1
    Participant

So long as it’s possible, even if I need to hire someone to do it, it would be worth it. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Jim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Newsletter viewable in mobile theme’ is closed to new replies.