Next Post/Previous Post Option for Focus Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Next Post/Previous Post Option for Focus Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cori
    Participant

Is there a way to add something to the bottom of all posts that links to the previous post and the next post?

braddalton
    Participant

You can add the WordPress next and previous post tags using a custom function with a hook to display in your theme location and conditional tag for single posts.

Change the hook to display the single post nav links in a different theme location.

Or you can install a plugin.

Cori
    Participant

I have the simple hooks plugin already, I’m just not sure what code to use. I’m hoping for a < Next Post and Previous Post > type thing at the bottom, rather than the<< and >> shown on the sides of the blog.

braddalton
    Participant

Cori
    Participant

Hello, I pasted that in the “genesis_after_post_content Hook” but it didn’t do anything. I’m not sure what you mean by remove one of the arrows?  Will that code only work if I have the plugin installed?

braddalton
    Participant

That code needs to be pasted at the end of your child themes functions.php file. Not using Simple Hooks.

Cori
    Participant

Oops :) Sorry, I’m still a beginning at this coding stuff! But thank you – that worked!!

virtualgina
    Participant

I was able to use the above directions to get this added to individual posts.   Although I have theme settings for this to also display after the list of blog posts on the home page, it does not show. Any ideas?  http://reneeheigel.com  (although theme is platinum instead of focus instructions worked)

braddalton
    Participant

Genesis 2.0 provides support for HTML 5 which includes single post navigation support. You’d need to check if your child theme supports HTML 5.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.