NextGen Gallery

Community Forums Forums General Discussion NextGen Gallery

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

whiskymac
    Participant

Hi there,

Just installed the NextGEN gallery plugin, as it allows me to put in a range of pictures, with left & right arrows to scroll and it also allows me to put this in vertically & horizontal.

However, im stuck at the beginning! iv added an image to a gallery and went to choose the page it was to be displayed in but only 2 or 3 pages have een shown and not the one i wanted this to go into.

Also i would want to select my own destination link for each image to go to different pages coudl you tell me where i am going wrong and what to do?

Thanks

John

braddalton
    Participant

In order to link individual images to custom urls, you need to install the NGG custom fields plugin and create a custom field.

You then need to edit the plugin files and change some code.

The best place to get support for this plugin is on the specific forum for it. http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/nextgen-gallery

I would suggest you consider using the native WordPress gallery with a Carousel plugin or find another plugin if you’re not prepared to edit plugin files and play around with code.

The native WordPress gallery doesn’t allow you to link gallery images to custom url’s however it does allow you to add images together vertically and horizontally as well as link images with custom urls as long as they aren’t included in a gallery.

You can also add and remove image borders, as well as adjust spacing using the advanced image settings in WordPress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.