NextGen not working with Executive Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks NextGen not working with Executive Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

krbishop
    Participant

Hello – I was building a new site with the Executive theme and installed NextGEN Gallery Version 2.0.21.

When I tested my gallery the lightbox function would not work. When you clicked on image in the gallery it just opened the JPG in the browser. I thought it was a conflict with another plugin so I deactivated all of them. Still no lightbox effect.

Someone suggested I try another theme for the heck of it. I activated the default wordpress theme and BINGO! … Lightbox worked.

I reactivated Executive theme and… no lightbox. So something in the theme is preventing NextGEN from functioning properly.

Is there a way to get around this? Suggestions? Alternatives? I just need a simple gallery viewer that will function on mobile as well and I am in time crunch (of course).

Thank you

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m sure I can’t magically fix this for you, but I have a couple thoughts. I don’t have Executive, but in the demo it’s running FlexSlider. If that runs automagically when you use Executive, that is a suspect for interfering with NextGen. So if you can find it, you could try disabling the loading of the Flexslider script. btw, I would think official support could help you with this.

I am no NextGen fan, even after having used it many times due to client requests. But it’s supposedly responsive now, which is amazing, considering how non-responsively it was coded, with inline styling in every last inch of it. But if it works now, more power to you!

I’ve shopped for lightboxes and other types of sliders very often. You may know this, but many of the lightboxes work with the normal WP Gallery, which you’d have to set up yourself on the page. If an unadorned lightbox is OK, you could try WP jQuery Lightbox. It’s lean and mean.

If you use it, look for this line in your CSS, and if it’s there, remove the first “a,” from it…. you don’t want that transition on links with this lightbox, or you’ll get weird results. This is one of those times when a CSS3 transition is ugly. :-)

[css]
    a, button, input:focus, input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], textarea:focus, .button {
    transition: all 0.1s ease-in-out 0s;
    }[/css]

Good luck!
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.