nextgen search function

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks nextgen search function

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shewearswhite 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

shewearswhite
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently downloaded nextgen gallery however the search did not bring up my tagged images. I then found that Alex Rabe developed a search plugin which requires me to add a line of code to my theme.

Details found at http://alexrabe.de/2010/01/13/search-for-images/

The line of code it requires me to add is
    <?php if ( function_exists( ‘ngg_images_results’ ) ) ngg_images_results(); ?>

The theme I am using is the Elle theme and my website is http://www.shewearswhite.com. It requires me to add the line of code to the search.php file however seeing as I use genesis and the elle theme I don’t have am editable search.php function under Appearance > editor

The options I have for adding code are functions.php, home.php, init.php, topnav.php, and my stylesheet.

I tried adding the line of code to my functions.php template but it crashed my server!

Can anyone give me advice as to where I add the line of code or whether I need to adjust the code in some way so it doesn’t crash my server?

Thanks so much for your help!

Au Coeur
    Participant

You can add a search.php file to your child theme and add the code there to override/modify Genesis search functions.

Mother. Web & Graphic Designer. Lactation Consultant. Blogging about how it all fits together, most recently from northern Colorado. Visit my blog or my design site.

shewearswhite
    Participant

Thanks for the response, is there a website that tells me how to add the search.php file? I have created one in notepad and I have FTP access but when I transferred it over it doesn’t show under my templates.

Thanks!

shewearswhite
    Participant

Ok, found it! I was just adding it to the wrong place.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.