Nivo Slider freezs the visual editor

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Nivo Slider freezs the visual editor

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jgarner 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jgarner
    Participant

Hi,

I have posted a request on the Nivo forum but have heard nothing back yet. At the moment for posts, pages etc once the Nivo slider is activated nothing will appear in the area where content is entered via the visual editor there is just a blank space.

I have deactivated every single plugin except Nivo, still no way to modify the content in an article it just shows a blank area. Then with only Nivo activated as a plugin on the Gensis theme (with Dynamik child theme), I de-activated the Nivo plugin and both the visual and text editor for posts started working no problem.
    I then reactivated all the plugins except Nivo and there was no issue. Finally I activated Nivo and the the visual freezes and you can’t even switch to the text editor version.

If I deactivate the Nivo slider plugin and remain on the text editor version and only use that one then I can keep the Nivo slider activated. However while the Nivo slider is activated and if I click on the visual editor then I can’t switch back to the text editor and the ┬ávisual editor remains frozen…

Any ideas what is going on since I’m not getting any feedback from the guys over at dev7studios?

Thanks

AC
    Blocked

Have you tried using the Nivo slider without the Dynamik Theme, possibly with another non-Dynamik Genesis Theme?

jgarner
    Participant

Good point. Unfortunately when I just tried that it was the same issue, I activated the minimum child theme and it was the same issue.

It must be some code that the nivo slider is trying to insert into the visual editor area above the content area where all the icons to allow for sliders to be added into posts. I’m guessing here since I have never seen it other than in a screenshot!

AC
    Blocked

I saw you post while searching. What is the exact link to where I can download the Nivo Slider?

jgarner
    Participant

Oh, your point just made me check and I’ve just realised that the test server is using a 3.6 beta 2 version of WordPress to check everything before launch and see if there were any issues. Could it be that the Nivo doesn’t work with it (yet)?

I’ll check with the Nivo authors about it

Thanks again and impressive response time ;)

AC
    Blocked

Yep, Beta is just that.. so you may have just stumbled upon a bug that needs to be fixed.

jgarner
    Participant

Sorry I hadn’t refreshed the page and seen your post in between time. Also my mistake it is a download with the other theme I mentionned and not through Genesis, so I’ll take it up with them. Although it may just be a 3.6 incompatibility that needs to be fixed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.