No edit post button?

Community Forums Forums Forum Bugs and Suggestions No edit post button?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spman 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

spman

Can anyone teach me how to edit/delete a post? I would like to have an edit post button.

There is this “Set as private reply” under a new post that you type, and I understand that if you tick it, only moderators can see the post. What is the point of it? Nobody contact moderator that frequently. I actually thought making it private is only people posted on the thread could see it.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  spman.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  spman.

Susan

Clarification:

I had previously indicated that there is no “edit post” functionality, except for moderators & administrators.

There is an edit post functionality, which disappears after a period of time. You can immediately edit a post to fix a typo, for example, but you can’t go back and change a post later…

For the answer to the other question, this is covered in the forum’s FAQs:

6. How to Post a Private Reply

Sometimes you may wish to share your site URL or other information to help resolve a thread, but do not wish to make it public. There is a feature built into the forum where you may mark a reply as Private then only forum moderators and administrators will be able to see it. Simply select “Set as private reply” before submitting your reply to make it private.

An important note. The community forums are community driven and these feature will make it so your reply is only visible to the person who originally started the thread, yourself, and moderators. Other community members will be blocked from seeing your response so this may not be the best option when someone who is not a moderator is helping you.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Susan. Reason: clarification on the edit post functionality
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Susan.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Susan. Reason: clarification on the edit post functionality
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Susan.

SavvyJackie
    Participant

Hi Susan,
    If you make a typing error posting a reply – how is that corrected?

spman

I would like to know how to edit a typing error too. Almost every forum have an edit button. I would like to suggest a feature improvement: Make an edit button available.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.