Non-blog but non-static home page question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Non-blog but non-static home page question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

keconomos@sbcglobal.net
    Participant

Working in the Agentpress theme if I use a blog template home page (home.php) I get to use all the widgets to layout the page. I want to include some dynamic content (standard widget content) on the home page and even one section of blog but not very much of what the home.php contains and more than the little to no “widget-tation” that the index.php (default for the static front page) contains.

I know how to create the static home page and the blog page and go and set up it in “settings- reading”, front-page =”xxx”, blog=”yyy”. This leaves me however, with a very non-widgeted front-page- I’d like something in between.

I think the real question here is how to get agentpress to add and show new templates. In my file explorer I copied home.php to the name static-home.php in the agentpress theme area. I then when to edit and tried to add:

/*
    Template Name: static homepage
    */

to the top of the php page but there was no place for me to click to save it and once I left the page the changes were gone and the template did not show up in the drop down. 

Am I missing some basic concept here? I would like to be able to have some flexibility in creating different pages.

anitac
    Participant

You are missing some PHP code in there. Review this – http://genesistutorials.com/creating-a-custom-template-in-genesis/. It should put you on the right track.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.