Not receiving all comment notifications

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Not receiving all comment notifications

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  makinghomebase 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anyone ever have this problem and/or know how to fix it? I’m on wordpress and I have comment notifications sent to my email, however, I’m only receiving 75% or so of my comments and ping backs. In fact, today I had a ping back come through from something posted over a week ago. I’ve contacted my host (Laughing Squid) and they’ve assured me it’s a wordpress issue and to try removing my plug ins one by one. The problem with that is since I do receive the majority of my comments it may take me forever to find out which plug in it really is. Any advice?

What commenting system are you using? Are you using the regular WP commenting or a third party such as Disqus?

Chris Cree

Email can be a finicky animal. I’ve run into problems with form notifications for one client on a server while several others have no problems whatsoever. And you’re right. They are crazy hard to troubleshoot.

It hasn’t been updated in a while, but I’ve had good luck with the WP Mail SMTP plugin in those instances where email notifications were problematic.

Anitac – I’m using the good ol’ WP commenting nothing fancy.

Thanks Chris, I’ll give it a shot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.