Odd Date Block Probem

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Odd Date Block Probem

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bconley 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bconley
    Participant

I am using the Decor theme for a blog. There has not been much customization other some font sizing. It is hosted on Netsol servers and recently they had a hard drive crash. After the site was back up and running I noticed a date block at the top right of the page. I don’t remember seeing it there before the crash. I have searched for it in Firebug with no luck. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.jwinfieldcurrie.com/blog

bconley
    Participant

UPDATE: The problem seems to be caused by the option to “display the post date” in the recent posts widget. I guess now the question is why would it be showing up in the right corner of the browser?

anitac
    Participant

If you look at the demo – that date block is what supposed to be overlaid on your Featured Image, however looking at your site via Firebug – that date field is actually attached to the Recent Posts over in left sidebar. Drag your Recent Posts off to see if the date field goes away. If it does, then we have a starting point to help with troubleshooting.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

bconley
    Participant

When I drag the Recent Posts widget out, it does go away along with the recent posts. Also when I un-check the “Display post date?” option it goes away also.

anitac
    Participant

The Recent Posts widget shouldn’t do that. Have you updated anything in your functions.php, your home.php or in the Style.css files?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

I see you have a plugin called “Post Notify” activated. Disable that and let’s see what happens also.

bconley
    Participant

I deactivated the Post Notify plugin and that did not affect the date. I replaced the Functions.php with a fresh copy and no change. There is no Home.php and I did make some minor changes to the Style.css but only font and color changes. I think for now I am going to turn off the “Display post date?” option and leave it at that. Thanks for you help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.