Older Lifestyle Theme Question/Issue

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Older Lifestyle Theme Question/Issue

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  enme3 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

enme3
    Participant

Hi,

I’m hoping you can help me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did this, but I have a 300×250 ad on my site that I can’t get rid of because there is not widget to delete. I can see the ad in firebug but I don’t know how to remove it and I don’t know where in the editor to look for it.

If someone has some thoughts on this, I’d appreciate it. My site is http://www.thenarrowshoe.com and the ad appears in duplicate — the one I want to get rid of doesn’t have a title. It’s right under E-News and Updates.

Many thanks!

http://www.thenarrowshoe.com

AC
    Blocked

Look in your INACTIVE WIDGETS. Sometimes although it’s not in the sidebar, it will still show up if it’s in INACTIVE.

AC
    Blocked

And it looks to be the Text widget in between the RSS FEED and your FACEBOOK.

enme3
    Participant

Hi anitiac,

Thank you so much for replying. When I didn’t know what I was doing in WordPress, I unfortunately moved all of the inactive widgets back into the Available Widget area. Now I have nothing in the inactive widget area. If I move a Random Ad widget and ad the code for a Zappos ad (or a Text Widget for that matter) and add the html code would that do anything to help? I’ve tried that before without success.

The crazy thing is I can see it, I just can’t get to it, Ugh!

Thanks again for your help on this!

AC
    Blocked

I see where it’s at. Open up the eNews widget. The code is inside there in a box.

enme3
    Participant

anitac,

You’re going to think I’m crazy, but I don’t seem to have a widget for that either, believe it or not! This is so crazy…..so close, yet so far…..this is so weird….

AC
    Blocked

Do this… go to my website and send me a note with your email address. I’ll send you some instructions to follow so I can see your computer from here.

enme3
    Participant

Thank you so much, I’ll do that right now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Older Lifestyle Theme Question/Issue’ is closed to new replies.