"Older Posts" link not working

Community Forums Forums General Discussion "Older Posts" link not working

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cyberinfinity 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

cyberinfinity
    Participant

URL: http://dzmmg.com
    Theme: Freelance with several modifications

When you click the “older posts” link, the address bar shows the right URL for page 2, but the new posts load again. Even if you manually change the URL to page 3, 4, etc. you still just get the first page of newest posts.

There are 40+ posts on this site, so most of them are not accessible.

Any idea what’s going on here?

Len
    Participant

Hi cyberinfinity,

It sounds like you have set a static page for the home page, probably the blog page.

cyberinfinity
    Participant

Yes, I do have it going to a static page with the template “blog.” Is that only going to show the newest posts?

And actually, that had completely slipped my mind (doh!)

The reason I did that was because when I had it set to just show the newest posts as the home page, the theme / content weren’t showing up on that page.

I had that problem on another site a while back, but only in Firefox and IE, and ended up starting over really  - backing up the data, reinstalling WP, reimporting the data, etc, and it fixed it.

That was a brand new site, so I didnt’ mind doing that, but this is an established, live site.

Any idea why that would have been happening? If I can fix that issue, will the original issue be moot?

Len
    Participant

For the navigation to work the front page needs to be set to display “Your latest posts”.

cyberinfinity
    Participant

I was having trouble with it when set like that. I’m going to go set it back, and if you don’t mind taking another look and letting me know if you have any idea what’s causing that, I’d appreciate it.

Len
    Participant

Sure. I’m hanging around the forum, nothing better to do. :)

Len
    Participant

Well for one thing, the Freelance theme comes with a custom widgetized home page (which I forgot about). But there seems to be some kind of error in the home.php file. Try renaming Freelance’s home.php file to something else, like home5.php or whatever.

cyberinfinity
    Participant

Hey that worked! (more or less)

The theme is now showing (more or less) and the older posts are accessible.

I guess that’s post.php that I’m seeing now? I’ll start there in my search for the missing left sidebar.

Thanks so much for the help! Want to solve my menu mystery, too? ;-) (separate thread)

Len
    Participant

I’m looking at a fresh copy of that theme right now. I see in functions.php it is forcing a content-sidebar layout for the home page. Open up Freelance’s functions.php file and comment out this bit …

// Force layout on homepage
    add_filter('genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', 'freelance_home_layout');
    function freelance_home_layout($opt) {
    if ( is_home() )
    $opt = 'content-sidebar';
    return $opt;
    }

cyberinfinity
    Participant

Aha! That did it!

http://www.dzmmg.com/

Thanks!!!

Len
    Participant

You’re most welcome! :)

ps: I already had a look at your other thread but that one has me stumped.

cyberinfinity
    Participant

Yeah, Google doesn’t seem to know anything about it either.

Thanks for trying.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘"Older Posts" link not working’ is closed to new replies.