Only Comment Title Remains! Cannot make comment.

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Only Comment Title Remains! Cannot make comment.

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

blazing
    Participant

Hello,

All that appears at the end of every page and post is the Comment title asking for comments.

There is no text box for the comment, no form, no clickable text/link at all.

I think the wordpress comments disappeared when I first activitated Facebook comments plug-in (the one by Alex Moss) , even though I said I wanted both functional.

I just let it be.  Then one day I noticed Facebook comments wasn’t working either.

I have deactivated all plugins, cleared the cache, still no comment form appears

I have tried using the Genesis Simple Comment plug-in, still no comment form.  Although I can change the comment title.

I tried many many “fixes” without Facebook comments – I deleted the plugin (although, ideally I would like both comment systems functional)

The situation now

– I have both Facebook comments and wordpress comments enabled.   Comment titles for both are appearing, but nothing else.

– Comments are turned on everywhere (theme, wordpress, each page and post) but all that appears is the Comment title.

– UPDATE: I just updated Genesis to the 1.9 version.

– Now the wordpress comment title no longer appears after posts, but it does on pages.

–  The Facebook Comments Title still appears after posts though.

– The theme settings are still set for comments on both posts and pages.

I really would like my comments working.  

Any hint?   I seem to be missing code.   I don’t remember changing it. 

I have tried adding code from various google searches, but nothing makes a difference.

I have no code in my agentpress’s function.php file for comments.  Should I?

I have tried adding code in function.php to override the theme template so a box would be added, but that didn’t work

I don’t really know code though.  I am simply trying suggestions I get via my Google searches.

I am using Agentpress 2.o.   

My site is http://www.livinginpanama.org.

Thank you for any and all help you can give me.

I have tried everything I can think of.

Susan

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, as it is a duplicate of this one:
    http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/help-comment-form-missing-only-title-remains/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Only Comment Title Remains! Cannot make comment.’ is closed to new replies.