Only some images show on category pages but nothing different

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Only some images show on category pages but nothing different

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  XyZed 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

XyZed
    Participant

Hi: I’m completely puzzled by how my Theme is behaving. I’m using eleven40 Child Theme, and when viewing categories, only some images are showing in the list.  Here’s an example http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/page/9/

I’m not using “featured images”, but most topics on this category page have a thumbnail image  aligned left in the first paragraph, which mostly shows up in the category list (as desired). But while I use the same method for all posts, there are always 2 or 3 on each category page which refuse to show up. If none were showing I could understand it but can anyone work out why the odd ones don’t show?

Also, on this same category page is an example of how the odd post refuses to show with an updated image. The topic “Why are there so many appliance repair horror stories?” is showing with a Red warning triangle image, which I have replaced with an image of a book titled “horror stories”. But this new book image refuses to show in the category page.

Andy

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Have you solved this? All the posts seem to be showing a thumbnail image. I think if you don’t set a featured image, Genesis automatically tries to select the first image in the post and use that as the thumbnail.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

XyZed
    Participant

Hello Chris, yes and no. I’ve still no idea why it would show most of the images, but on every page there was at least 3 or 4 articles where it refused to show the image despite them all being exactly the same. I eventually had to go through every post and use the image as a featured image.

If there’s a featured image it will always show it on the category lists but if there’s no featured image, and an image in the first paragraph it will show it in the page lists only 70% of the time.

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m glad you found a solution. It sounds like the functionality might be a bit buggy. Have you submitted an official StudioPress support ticket with this information?

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

XyZed
    Participant

I haven’t, I’ve assumed it’s an issue with the eleven40 Child Theme though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.