Opening PDF in new window

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Opening PDF in new window

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

merpmerp
    Participant

Hello,

I am using Prose.  I am not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but I uploaded a PDF to the media library and inserted it in a page in and it came up as a link, which is what I wanted.

However, I would like it to open in a new window and I am not sure how to do that.

There is a block to check off for opening in a new window but it is asking for a url.  I typed in what I thought would be the url for the pdf, but it opened up the whole page, not the pdf.

Can I open the pdf in a new window, and if so, how would I do that?

Thank you for your help,

Mark

Anita
    Participant

Please post a link to your site. You need to add to the end of the line target=”_blank” before the closing “>;.

For example:
    [php]
    <a href="http://www.yahoo.com&quot; target="_blank"><a href="http://www.yahoo.com&quot; target="_blank">

</a>
    [/php]

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Anita
    Participant

I hope you can figure that out. The code is not applying properly on the forum which is very frustrating when trying to assist people.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

merpmerp
    Participant

Anitac,

Thanks for your help.  I’m not set up yet, but I posted an example at http://unclaimed-funds.org/california/  all the way at the bottom where it says sample agreement.

Was the first step of putting it in the Medial Library correct/

Thanks again,
    Mark

Anita
    Participant

When you upload using the Media Library – there is a box you can check to open it up in a new window and it will place the proper code in there for you.

merpmerp
    Participant

Thank you Anitac, but I am not seeing that option.

I see:

Title, Caption, Description and then

Attachment Display Setting, Link to:

Media File, Custom URL, Attachment Page, or none.

Thank you,
    Mark

Anita
    Participant

Ok, once you attach and link the file, in edit mode – click the document, then the CHAIN LINK image – it will open up – you will see a check box to open it in a new window or you can add target=”_blank” to the code in HTML mode.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.