Our posts have stopped going live

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Our posts have stopped going live

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  holonar 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

holonar
    Participant

We’re running the News child theme 2.1 with WordPress 3.6.1 on Liquid Web dedicated servers.

Earlier this month, posts stopped updating when scheduled. I turned off ALL plug-ins and tested, then re-installed WordPress 3.6.1 and tested and finally tried installing “Run External Crons” and tested.

Nothing induces our posts to go live when scheduled.

My Cron monitor keeps reporting:
    One-off event (schedule) publish_future_post (hook) [0]: 3078 (argument)

Every other site we’re running is working as expected but none of them use the News theme.

Any suggestions?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Susan. Reason: not a forum bug or suggestion
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Susan. Reason: not a forum bug or suggestion
    http://edmontoncommercenews.com

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Three questions: (1) If you publish a new post manually instead of scheduling, does it publish? (2) Have you tried switching to Twenty Twelve and scheduling a post to see if it publishes? (3) Is your Genesis framework up to date?

I have several clients running News and I’ve only seen that issue when there is a server issue or misconfiguration – your theme shouldn’t be a factor.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

holonar
    Participant

Thank you for the response.

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes

OK, so news operates completely differently that the themes for our other 12 WordPress sites. Good to know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.