Outreach and Slider Settings

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Outreach and Slider Settings

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

brett924
    Participant

I’m helping a friend put together a site for her nonprofit. This is my first project outside of just popping up a blog and writing.

I feel like I’m setting slider settings correctly, but it’s not really working for me. I matched the picture size to the size in the settings.  I created the post and tagged as ‘featured’ and used that tag in the ‘Taxonomy and terms’.

Is there some little trick that needs to happen or that I need to do that all newbies miss?

braddalton
    Participant

Try using the post i.d’s instead.

You can grab them from the source code for each post or hover over the delete or edit link and you’ll see them in the footer.

brett924
    Participant

I’m concerned there’s something super simple that I’m not doing. I did ‘include’ post ID and I selected the one post that has the picture that we want on there (that we’re testing).

I placed the responsive slider widget in the ‘Home Featured’ section. Refresh here and there and no go.  I’m sure it’s something so simple like asking where the restroom is at the store when you’re standing under the sign.

braddalton
    Participant

How many slides did you choose to display in the slider and how many post i.d’s did you add?

brett924
    Participant

I just chose one. I created a post and inserted the media in the post. I didn’t give the post a title.

just one post id. I changed the ‘taxonomy and terms’ to ‘All Taxonomies and Terms’.

brett924
    Participant

My problem might just be as basic as knowing how to size the image correctly. I tried to get the default dimensions by sizing it my image editor. Since I couldn’t get it to fit, I changed the size in the responsive slider settings in hopes to get something to display at the very least.

brett924
    Participant

I’ve realized that this is a little more complicated. I know I can’t go pro overnight, but is there a good resource for someone getting to know html and css, etc. from the ground up? Any sites, books recommended?

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.