Outreach – Center Theme Header Image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach – Center Theme Header Image

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  postcompanies 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DenverEric
    Participant

Hi all, I have read through several posts where people had issues with the header image in Outreach. None was clear on a solution for what I am dealing with.

I uploaded an image through the header tab in WordPress that is exactly to the dimensions specified by the theme, but it shows up far to the left. I want to center it using CSS.

Any tips or ideas?

Site is here: http://denverundergroundparties.com/

http://denverundergroundparties.com/

braddalton
    Participant

postcompanies
    Participant

When I follow these instructions, and set the header->”use dynamic text” from the pull down, I still cannot see the site title/description. When I inspect the element in Chrome, it appears to be using an image still – is there some other setting to force this theme to use text instead of image in the header once these changes are made?

braddalton
    Participant

Link to your site please.

What changes have you made to the CSS and PHP code?

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

postcompanies
    Participant

Hi Brad!

Thanks for the reply.

I actually have two installations of this theme/fix – one is at: ccpk.org

What’s there now is without the fix. When I implement the first part of your instructions (removing custom section from styles.css and selecting ‘dynamic text’ from the theme -> settings for header), I get a fixed background image but NOT title. Oddly, the title appears to attempt to apply image settings – even though it’s set to use text (I can see this by inspecting the element even though nothing appears). Is it possible that this fix you’ve suggested does not work when using theme colors (I’m using RED for the linked site above, for example)?

Thanks,
    John

postcompanies
    Participant

Looks like getting rid of the following code in the styles.css did the trick:

.header-image #title a {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 120px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    width: 400px;

Specifically, the text-indent line (eliminating that made the site title appear) and the height/overflow lines (eliminating that made the site description appear) – I’ll keep testing, but that seems to have done the trick. Hopefully, this will help others, as well!

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.