Outreach child theme, fixed background image

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Outreach child theme, fixed background image

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jtikcuf 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

acekin
    Participant

I want to have the background image in the content part not to scroll. If I add the necessary declaration as:

#content {

background: url(“images/st-patrick_bg.png”) no-repeat scroll center 80px #FFFFFF;
        border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
        float: left;
        padding: 30px 40px;
        width: 450px;

}

It places the background image in the horizontal center of the content area. But if I change the scroll to fixed, whether I use center or a pixel value, the positioning is done in the browser window width. You can see the scrolling BG at:

http://www.friendlysonsprov.org/

I will appreciate assistance with this.

Cemal

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

Hi Cemal,

When you set the background-attachment to fixed, by default it “fixes” relative to the viewport, not the container:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/CSS/background-attachment

You’d have to use javascript to do it. You can consider using media queries with different css positions for different resolutions, but it’s not going to be perfect until you get to full-width content. If you set the left position to 40%, it looks ok for a while. You’d have to play with it and tweak it for various resolutions, probably not the best option.

acekin
    Participant

Thank you Tony, it was more a curiosity question than a must have. I will not pursue it.

Cemal

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

You’re welcome, Cemal.

Vajrasar Goswami
    Participant

@acekin: Please mark the topic as resolved.

Twitter – Vajrasar

jtikcuf

how did you do the login? on the side bar nice site!

Jtikcuf ‘~’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.