Outreach Header Auto-Resizing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Outreach Header Auto-Resizing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jadtaylor
    Participant

I am setting up a site using the Outreach Theme at clemsonumc.dreamhosters.com.

When I manually shrink the window size on my browser, the header shrinks, leaving black space between the top and bottom, while the horizontal size stays constant. When I try this on the Outreach Demo, I notice that the header background resizes vertically and horizontally, continuing to fill the entire frame.

Any thoughts on how I might fix this, thus eliminating exposing the background behind the header no matter the window size? Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

The problem is that something is outputting the following style into your head section:

#header {
    background: url(http://clemsonumc.dreamhosters.com/wp-content/themes/outreach/images/header.png) no-repeat;
    }

This is preventing the header background from repeating.

Have you selected to remove the header text? It looks like you’ve removed the site title some how, possibly with a negative left margin? Something here might have caused the #header background styles to be changed.

A better way to remove site title and description if they’re not wanted is to put the following in functions.php:

remove_action( 'genesis_site_title', 'genesis_seo_site_title' );
    remove_action( 'genesis_site_description', 'genesis_seo_site_description' );

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.